Blogging for some have now become a career. There are many mommy bloggers that have figured out how to make money from their blogs. For many of these moms it took a few years to build an sizable audience. With patience and the right advertising you can be a successful blogger.
According to the Huffington Post, they interviewed 10 successful mommy bloggers that all have great advice. Here is a few snippets of the article.
- Mandy Rose – House Of Rose Blog She says.. “It takes patience. You have to be wiling to put in the work and hustle like you would at any high paying job”.
- Holly Homer – Kids Activities Blog She says.. “I make money from my blog several ways. The main source of income is advertising networks that provide the sidebar/header ads you see on Kids Activities Blog”.
- Abby Lawson – Just A Girl and Her Blog She says.. ” The biggest chunk of our income comes from sales of digital products we’ve created— online courses, eBooks, and printables.”
- Leigh Anne Wilkes – Your Homebased Mom She says.. “Be consistent. Decide a level at which you can work at and then do it consistently. If you can’t do it consistently then change it. If it is only one post a week then make sure you always do one post a week”.
- Jennifer Burg – The Suburban Mom She says.. “So, my advice is that if you love to write and create content and you are willing to put in the time and effort, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it — even yourself!”
- Jordan Page – Fun, Cheap Or Free She says.. “My number one piece of advice is to find what makes YOU unique. What will make you stand out in a sea of millions of blogs? Find an angle and niche and become the go-to expert in that area and you’ll find success, regardless of how “big” your blog is!”
- Julie Bonner – Mom Fabulous She says.. “Connect with another blogger or woman in business and keep each other accountable. You’ll need someone to walk through the bad days with, you and celebrate the fantastic ones.”
- Becky Mansfield – Your Modern Family She says.. “1) Use an image to draw your readers in. 2) Use your writing to keep them there. 3) Use a newsletter to bring them back again & again.”
- Hillary Erickson – Pulling Curls She says.. “It is totally possible. Stop thinking that it’s not possible. But, you might have to change and get out of your comfort zone to make it possible. You will likely need to kick some images up a notch, as well as put yourself out there to companies in a way that might make you uncomfortable.”
- Sarah Titus – Sarah Titus.com She says.. “I am completely myself and it simply attracts some and dispels others. The readers it attracts, I find ways to serve. It’s not really a complicated concept. Just be yourself and DO NOT give up!”
One of the things that all of these women have in common, they all have a brand established for themselves. They have all used social media to draw people in. They all use advertising and make money from advertising.
You can read more details of this article on the Huffington Post Mommy Blogger to Mompreneur: 10 Inspiring Women Prove To The Doubters That It Can Be Done.